The Institute for Research and Technology Transfer (IRTT) hosts
research projects that can lead to commercial products. This could generate
a number of well paying job opportunities and enhance the
economy on both the local and national levels. Once the technology
is developed at IRTT and matured, it is transferred to industry
for mass production and commercialization to bridge the gap between
the laboratory environment and the actual industrial community.
Projects currently under development at IRTT are summarized
in the following.
- Rapid Prototyping and Rapid Tooling
- Automated Cellular Manufacturing Systems
- System Integration and PLCs
- Computer Numerical Simulations
- Thermo-fluid and Heat Transfer Analysis
- Two phase Flow
- Rapid Fabrication of Customized Biocompatible Bone and Dental
IRTT has recently established the Hydrogen Institute to encompass the following research activities.
- Protons Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell
- Bipolar Plates Design and Optimization
- Membrane Electro Assembly (MEA) fabrication
- Cost Effective Mass Production
- Membraneless Fuel Cell
- Wind Energy