- Prohibit work on new and existing energized (hot) electrical circuits until all power is shut off and a positive Lockout/Tagout System is in place.
- Don't use frayed or worn electrical cords or cables.
- Use only 3-wire type extension cords designed for hard or junior hard service. (Look for any of the following letters imprinted on the casing: S, ST, SO, STO, SJ, SJT, SJO, SJTO.)
- Maintain all electrical tools and equipment in safe condition and check regularly for defects.
- Remove broken or damaged tools and equipment from the jobsite.