Working on Roofs
- Inspect for and remove frost and other slipping hazards before getting onto roof surfaces.
- Cover and secure all skylights and openings, or install guardrails to keep workers from falling through the openings.
- Use a safety harness system with a solid anchor point on steep roofs with a pitch greater than 8:12 or if the ground-to-eave height exceeds 25 feet.
- Stop roofing operations when storms, high winds or other adverse weather conditions create unsafe conditions.
- Wear shoes with slip-resistant soles.