Objectives of the Center:
1. To operate and maintain the existing PV
system and keep the same in good repair.
2. To collaborate with solar energy companies,
utilities, and government to attract research grants from state and federal
3. To make available data on solar energy on
the college web site for access through Internet nationally and
4. To initiate projects on solar energy for
senior students in Mechanical , Electrical
Engineering Technology and Architecture/ Construction Management programs.
The projects could be from solar energy companies to study specific aspects
of solar energy, and /or other sources.
5. To use the present systems as demonstration
units for visitors from community, industry groups and clients of solar
energy products suppliers and installers.
6. To provide training in installation,
operation and maintenance of solar energy equipment.
7. To initiate research projects with outside
institutions such as Brookhaven National Laboratory.
8. To play an important role as a partner in
the Long Island Solar Roofs Initiative.